Previously I shared my Plum Chutney (Aloo Bukhara Chutney) this is an other version of Aalo Bukhara Chutni by our Home Chef Adan Fatima simply mouthwatering! You can’t stop yourself to make this chutni after seeing the picture just like me.
Aalo Bukhara Chutni
Author: Adan Fatima
- Plum 2 cups
- Whole black pepper 1 & ½ tsp
- Mace(javetri) 1-2 pieces
- Whole nutmeg (jaiphal) 1 (break it into pieces)
- Cloves 10-12
- Cinnamon 1 -1½ inches
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 cup full or as desired
- Red food color pinch (I did not added the color)
- Water melon seeds 1 tbsp
- White vinegar 2 tbsp
- Soak plums over night, mash them and remove some seeds. Rinse the seeds in some water and pour that water in the plums.
- Make a muslin cloth pouch or a closed strainer and put spices in it except salt and red chilies.
- Cook the plums in a pot along with this cloth pouch/closed strainer with spices; mix it and add 1 cup water.
- Cook it until the flavor of all the spices is extracted.
- Add sugar, mix and cook on medium heat.
- When it gets thick add salt, red chili and food color.
- Add water melon seeds.
- Now when it gets thick and bubbles start appearing just before closing the flame, add vinegar.
- Don't cook too long after adding vinegar, just for a short while.