Anda Chana is a popular dish in Lahore that is mostly taken in breakfast with hot naan. People mostly eat it from resturant because they think the same taste and texture will not come at home. Well, this is wrong perception. When you have an authentic recipe then this is not difficult at all.
Anda Chana Recipe is very simple and it needs only 5-8 minutes cooking. You need to soak chane (chickpeas) over night with baking soda for a soft texture. Follow Easy Pakistani Food Recipe, serve with hot naan and enjoy with your family.
Also Check: Channa Masala
Quick Anda Chana Recipe
- Channe (chickpeas) 250gm
- Baking soda 1 tbsp
- Ghee/oil ½ cup
- Cloves 2-3
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric 1 pinch
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Masoor lentil (pink lentil) 3-4 tbsp
- Boiled eggs 4
- Soak channe (chick peas) in water with ½ tbsp baking soda. Cover and leave overnight.
- In the morning drain the water. Again add water (almost 2 glasses water) and remaining baking soda in chick peas and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat ghee/oil in pressure cooker, sizzle cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté until an aroma rise.
- Now add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, black pepper powder and chane (chick peas) along same soda water.
- Add masoor lentil (pink lentil). Cover lid of pressure cooker and keep on weight for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid; mash a few chick peas with spoon. Adjust consistency of channe and gravy.
- Dish out in bowl, add boiled eggs and serve with naan.