Korma is a meat curry made with combination of spices and yogurt. It belongs from Mughlai Cuisine and very popular in Pakistan and India. Especially Chicken Korma or Mutton Korma are must made dishes on weddings and other special occasions. It mostly serve with Naan or brown rice. White Chicken Korma recipe is a twist in korma recipes as this is white in color and solid milk is used to enhance the taste.
Get the Chicken White Korma Recipe in Urdu and English.
Chicken White Korma Recipe in English by Chef Zakir
- Chicken 1 kg (cut into 12 pieces)
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Onion 3 medium (sliced)
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Green chili paste 1 tbsp
- Almonds, ground ¼ cup
- Khoya grated ½ cup
- Yogurt 1 cup
- White pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cream 4 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder ½ tsp
- Almonds, slivered 5-6
- Pistachios, slivered 5-6
- Silver paper for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and sauté till golden brown. Add ginger and garlic pastes and stir. Add green chili paste and sauté for five minutes. Add almond paste, khoya and yogurt.
- Add white pepper powder and stir. Add chicken pieces and cook further on low heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in one cup of water; cover and cook. Once the chicken is cooked, add cream and stir.
- Add green cardamom powder, simmer for two minutes and remove from heat. Garnish with silver paper, almond and pistachio.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha.