Make Wonton Wrappers at home easily by following this recipe. You can use Wonton Wrappers for dim sum and Fried Dumplings with Chili Sauce
How to Make Wonton Wrappers
- Egg 1
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Salt ½ tsp
- Water ¼ cup or as required
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl, mix in the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center of flour and pour egg mixture slowly and mix it. If the mixture is too dry add a little water and make a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until elastic. Cut dough into two separate balls. Cover the balls with a damp cloth for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Keep one half covered while you roll out the other one on a surface lightly coated with all purpose flour. Roll out as thin as you possibly can.
- Cut into 3.5 inch squares. You can make about 24 wraps. Use in the recipe calling for wonton wraps.