Mewa Zarda is a tasty combination of nuts with sweet rice. A great dish to serve after your main course.
- Sela rice ½ kg (soaked in water for half hour)
- Ghee ½ cup
- Pistachio 50 g
- Almond 50 g
- Dry coconut slices 25 g
- Sugar 250 g
- Red and green ashrafi 100 g
- Kewera water 1 tsp
- Sliver papers 2
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Boil pistachio and almond in water. Remove skin of almond.
- Boil rice in water until done and grains look separate.
- In separate pan heat up ghee with cardamom, stir in coconut slice. add sugar and more than half glass of water. Stir till sugar dissolve. Remove from flame.
- Add ashrafi, kewera water, half of pistachio and almond and then rice. Stir gently and on the flame and cook rice until water dries. Keep on dum for 8-10.
- Garnish with silver paper and remaining pistachio and almond.
Note: if you like colorful zerda add drops of food colors when going to keep on dum.