Poori Paratha is a traditional Pakistani flat bread eat mostly in Breakfast, but now people also tend to eat it in lunch or dinner with some dry gravy. It goes great with many food items like butter chicken, chicken tikka, allo bhaji etc. This is a quite simple recipe using just 4 ingredients. Must try Poori Paratha on weekend to feed your family.
- Plain flour 500g
- Ghee as required
- salt as required
- Water for kneading
- Add salt (less than ½ tsp), 6tbsp ghee in plain flour, mix and add water slowly and kneed.
- When all mix, rub dough on kitchen counter top with hand; add a little plain flour while rubbing, rub till come in smooth dough. Apply ghee on dough top and keep it on a side for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut dough in 4 parts with knife. (Don’t pull dough with hand). Now turn edge of each part in side and keep it on grease kitchen counter top. (don’t make pertha).
- On kitchen counter top spread each dough with hand. (don’t use roller pan).
- Heat up ghee in flat wok. Avoid using round wok. Fry poori in hot oil on high flame. Use two frying spoon for frying.
- When it turns golden take out from oil. Serve hot!