Spicy Cumin Lamb Noodles
Spicy Cumin Lamb Noodles is one of famous noodles dish in New York. The recipe is simple with lamb, noodles and simple spices. Must try it.
Recipe type: Main
For the Noodles
- Wheat flour 400g
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Water as needed
- Lamb meat 200g (thinly sliced)
- Egg white 1
- Onion 1 (thinly sliced)
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Red chili crushed 1 ½ tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil as required
- For the Noodles: Mix flour and salt together, and then create a well in the middle. Add water slowly and mix to form dough. If using dough mixture slowly add water into the flour/salt mixture in a dough mixer in slow speed. Knead until dough is smooth and consistent.
- Cut dough into small pieces about 4 inches long, 2 inches wide, and ⅜ inch thick, and cover with vegetable oil and place in refrigerator right away to prevent sticking until use.
- For the Lamb: Combine sliced lamb and egg white and leave for 25 minutes.
- Coat the cooking pan with vegetable oil and heat until comes to smoking point.
- Add lamb meat and cook until meat is tender. Remove meat in a bowl and set aside.
- Add a little oil in the pan and cook onion without browning then add cooked lamb meat, cumin powder, crushed red chili, soya sauce, sugar and salt. Cook for 3 minutes until flavor infuse. Set aside.
- Noodles Cooking: Boil water in a large pot and when water starts boiling, take three pieces of the dough from refrigerator. Press dough flat on a work surface and then take one end of the piece in each hand and pull and slap on the table until the dough piece becomes elongated into a wide noodle. Rip this noodle in the middle and throw into the boiling water. Repeat with the rest of the pieces.
- Boil noodles until done then drain and transfer into a serving bowl. Top with lamb and serve.
Image courtesy http://www.buzzfeed.com/melissaharrison/nyc-foods-that-are-worth-every-penny#.kqV6WODYL