Spinach and Ricotta Rolls is a tried and tested recipe by Home Chef Asifa Rafiq. Must try it and post your feedback.
Spinach and Ricotta Rolls
Author: Asifa Rafiq
- Puff pastry 3 sheets
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Spring onions 2 (chopped)
- Frozen or fresh spinach 250gm (chopped)
- Ricotta cheese 250gm
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Nutmeg powder ¼tsp
- Egg 1 (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven at 200 degree. Grease baking tray.
- In oil saute onion, on low heat. Let it cool.
- In a bowl mix chopped spinach, ricotta cheese, sauteed onion, salt, black pepper & nutmeg powder.Then add half of beaten egg.
- Cut square puff pastry sheet in half. Spoon spinach mixture along the length of each half of the pastry & brush with water, down the length of the other side & roll up like a sausage roll.
- Cut in half, so you will get 2 rolls, repeat the process with other sheets.
- Place rolls on baking tray brush with leftover beaten egg. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
If you use fresh spinach steam it first, wash it and chop.