Imli ki Chutney or Tamarind Dip is one of the best dip to serve with BBQ for fried food. You can also add this chutney in chana chaat and fruit chaat. This is my personal recipe and everyone in my family like to eat it especially in Ramadan and with BBQ.
Imli ki Chutney Recipe (Tamarind Dip)
- Tamarind 250 gm
- Water 2 glass
- Salt ¼ tea spoon or to taste
- Red chili powder ⅛ tea spoon
- Sugar 6-8 tea spoons
- Crushed cumin ¼ tea spoon
- Crushed red chili ¼ tea spoon
- Soak tamarind in water for 2 hours.
- Discard seeds and pass the pulp through a fine sieve to get juice.
- Pour pulp, salt, red chili powder, and sugar in a cooking pan and cook till form into a thick pulp.
- Then add crushed cumin and crushed red chili. Let it cool and preserve in glass jar.
- Use with pakora’s, snacks and in fruit chaat.