Arvi Masala recipe is a dry sabzi dish. A blend of simple spices and easy to cook. First boil it then cook in spices along tomatoes.
You can serve Punjabi Arbi Masala Recipe as side dish in your menu or even it goes great as main in every day cooking.
Quick Arvi Masala Recipe
Author: Mahwish Ahmed
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- Arvi 1/2 kg
- Onion 1 big (chopped)
- Tomatoes 2 (chopped)
- Ginger small piece (chopped)
- Green chillis 7 to 8
- Fresh corriender half bunch
- Curry leaves 3-4
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seed 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
- Crushed red chili 1 tbsp
- Crushed black pepper 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala 1/2 tsp
- Boil the arvi until arvi completely soft.
- Remove the peel and cut according to desired size and keep aside.
- You can skip boiling part as my family wants extra soft n melty arvi so that’s why I always boil it first.
- Now in another pan add oil fry chopped ginger, then add chopped green chills after 1 minute add chopped onions, now fry the onion for 4 to 5 minutes until soft n pink,
- Now add chopped curry leaves (so it gives more taste and fragrance to your food ).
- Next add mustard seeds and cumin seeds fry to mix well.
- After 2 minutes add remaining spices.
- Add chopped tomatoes .
- Cook it until tomatoes leave the oil then add boiled arvi and sprinkle fresh coriander, garam masala powder and chaat masala powder.
- Cover it for a few minutes for dum.
- Garnish with lemon and serve it with Roti.