Now you don’t need to shop ready-made chicken bread because you can bake it at home in an easy way, moreover, you can use your favorite filling in it.
For your help, the pictures are adopted from Here. Now enjoy a delicious taste of oven-baked chicken bread and also entertain your guests.
Check these pictures for step by step instructions.
Chicken Bread Recipe
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Dry milk powder 2 teaspoons
- Instant yeast 1 teaspoon
- Sugar ½ teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Oil 2 teaspoons
- Eggs 1
- Warm water to knead
For Chicken Filling
- Boneless chicken 250 gm
- Butter 2 teaspoons
- Onion 1 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum 1 medium (chopped)
- Green chilies 4 (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Hot spice powder 1 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup 4 teaspoons
- Egg 1 (beaten)
- Sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
- In a vessel mix together plain flour, dry milk powder, instant yeast, sugar, salt, oil and egg.
- Knead to medium soft dough with warm water like a chappati dough consistency and keep it in a greased vessel and brush some oil over the dough.
- Keep it covered in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes.
- Boil chicken with salt. Cool and shred the chicken.
- Take a pan, heat it and add butter, chopped onion and chopped capsicum and fry till it turns to soft.
- Add shredded chicken, chopped green chilies along all spices. Cook about 2-3 minutes to coat spices on chicken. Add ketchup and mix well. Remove and cool down completely.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Put filling in the center of the rectangle and snip the sides with scissors or a knife.
- Fold each side so they overlap each other (like a braid) the filling will show slightly. Keep going, left to right and right to left till the end.
- When reaching the end, leave a tail at the bottom, just for the appearance.
- Grease a tray and place your bread. Brush top with beaten egg, sprinkle sesame seeds and keep it aside for another half an hour to rise.
- Then bake in preheated oven on 200 degree C for 25 minutes till it browns on the top.
- Right after taking out of the oven, let it rest covered with a cloth for 2-3 min to soften the bread completely.
(DISCLOSURE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. These links are provided to help you find products we mention in the recipe. If you make any purchase after clicking through one of our links, we receive a small commission from Amazon).