Made with chickpeas, this Authentic Hummus Recipe makes a nice change in the usual dip. Try it instead of mayonnaise, you will get a refreshing flavor with less fat. Serve delicious hummus straight with pita bread, fresh veggies, and crackers.
Authentic Hummus Recipe
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Chickpeas 2 can (16oz)
- Tahini sauce 2/3 cup (sesame seed paste)
- Water ½ cup
- Olive oil ¼ cup
- Lemon 1 freshly squeezed
- Salt ½ tsp or to taste
- Crushed red chili 1 tsp
- Mince/mash the garlic cloves into a paste.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, and crushed garlic together and begin to puree the mix at a moderate speed.
- Poor water into processor while it is running.
- Slowly poor oil and lemon juice into the mix.
- Once the ingredients have reached the desired consistency, sprinkle salt into the mixture.
- Stop processor and empty the contents into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the crushed red chili over top the hummus to add some spice.
- Garnish the bowl with the parsley and serve with freshly baked pita bread.