Sweet and Sour Chicken is a famous Chinese dish, this recipe adds a little variation in it because this is baked. Baking chicken in sweet and sour sauce infuse a passionate taste in chicken. Serve Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice for a complete meal.
For Chicken Coating
- Chicken breasts 3-4 boneless
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Cornstarch 1 cup
- Eggs 2 (beaten)
- Oil 1/4 cup
For Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- ketchup 4 tbs
- White vinegar 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 tbs
- Salt to taste
- Preheate oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut washed chicken breast into cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Place the chicken in a 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
- Delicious sweet and sour chicken is ready.