There are various types of Biryani now with different taste. But, BBQ Chicken Tikka Biryani is one of my favorite biryani recipe that I love to eat.
Indeed a marvelous taste! This recipe has a different procedure and that difference creates a lip smacking taste in this chicken biryani recipe.
This is perfect recipe for those people who don’t know how make chicken biryani mouthwatering!
BBQ Chicken Tikka Biryani by Shireen Anwar
For Chicken Marination
- Chicken 1 kg (16 pieces)
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- Salt ½ tea spoon or to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tea spoon
- Cloves 4
- Nutmeg 1 small
- Mace 2-4
- Cumin seeds ½ tea spoon
- Whole dry coriander 1 tea spoon
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Whole black pepper 1 tea spoon
- Green cardamom 2 pods
- White vinegar/lemon juice 6 tea spoons
- Orange food color ¼ tea spoon
- Oil ½ cup
- Onions 2 medium (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tea spoons
- Tomatoes 4 (chopped)
- Green chilies 6-8 (chopped)
- Dry coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Rice 500 gm
- Whole hot spice 2 tea spoons
- Salt as required
- Water as required
- Fresh coriander leaves 4 tea spoon (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves 4 tea spoon (finely chopped)
- Green chilies 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Grind together cloves, nutmeg, mace, cumin seeds, whole dry coriander, cinnamon sticks, whole black pepper and green cardamom.
- Mix the grinded spices and all other ingredients in chicken and marinade for one hours.
- In a skillet heat oil, transfer marinade chicken. Cook over slow flame until chicken done.
- When chicken tender and water evaporates, give it a BBQ aroma with the help of a smoking hot coal.
- Uncover, remove coal and shift gravy in chicken. Mix it well.
- Fry onions in oil till it’s light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, green chilies, and dry coriander powder. Cook to give it a good mix.
- Add yogurt, cook till the oil separates. Don’t dry the masala.
- Take water in a skillet, boil rice with whole hot spices and salt. When they are 80% done, drain the water.
To Assemble the Biryani
- Take a bigger skillet. Transfer half rice in skillet; put all chicken with gravy, along with some finely chopped coriander, mint leaves and green chilies.
- Now again layer rice, pour kewera water and food color (mix in water) over the rice.
- Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Off the flame and uncover after 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with raita.