Liver (kaleji) is absolutely loaded with the key nutrients that help keep our brains healthy. Beef liver offers significant amounts of vitamins, proteins, minerals, and fat. The super food is rich in iron and consider best for the people who have deficiency of blood.
This is best to prepare the kaleji (liver) same day you buy it. In Pakistan, at the occasion of Eid ul Edha, Beef Kaleji Recipe is a must made dish. But, this is recommended by health experts to stand it at least for 2 hours after sacrificing the animal. Then cook it for the best taste of kaleji recipe.
Delicious Beef Kaleji Recipe
- Oil ¾ cups
- Onion 2 medium (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 3 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Beef liver (kaleji) 1 kg (cut into small pieces)
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2tsp (crushed)
- Dry coriander 1 ½ tsp (crushed)
- Cumin 1 ½ tsp (crushed)
- Tomato 2 (chopped)
- Yogurt ¾ cup
- Salt to taste
- For Garnish
- Green chilies
- Green coriander
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the onion then add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute until get aroma.
- Now add in liver pieces along, red chili powder, turmeric, fenugreek seeds, dry coriander and cumin.
- Cover it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add in chopped tomato and yogurt. Again cover and cook until water dries and liver become soft.
- Now mix in salt and cook for a minute. (Cooking for more time after adding salt will make liver hard).
- Dish out and garnish with green chilies, ginger and green coriander.
Related Post: Tips for Removing Smell of Kaleji