Need inspiration in rice for your family dinner? Here is a mouthwatering combination of two recipes, Pulao and Biryani; when two delicious recipes combined into one you can imagine how tasty it can! Pulao Biryani is a finger licking dish for all foodies.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- Rice ½ kg (soaked)
- Chicken 1 kg (pieces)
- Onions 4 medium (sliced, divided)
- Garlic 8 cloves (rough chopped)
- Whole dry coriander 2 tea spoons
- Salt 2 tea spoon or to taste
- Clarified butter ½ cup
- White cumin 1 tea spoon
- Ginger 1 tea spoon (julienned)
- Green chilies 10 (chopped)
- Tomatoes 3 (chopped)
- Red chili 1 tea spoon
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- Garam masala powder 1 tea spoon
- Yellow food colour ½ tea spoon
- Water as required
- In a muslin cloth tie 1 onion sliced, chopped garlic cloves and whole dry coriander.
- Add 6 glass water in a deep cooking pan. Put chicken, salt and tie ingredients and cook until chicken almost done and 3-4 glass chicken stocks left.
- Now take out muslin cloth, separate chicken and stock.
- Wash the cooking pan; fry remaining onions in clarified butter when onion turns to pink color, add cumin, ginger and fry more until onions get a dark brown color.
- Next add green chilies, tomatoes, red chili, and yogurt; mix well then add chicken.
- Stir fry about 4 minutes, add chicken stock and allow boiling. Add rice along hot spice powder (Check salt) and cook until three quarter done.
- Drop yellow food color on top of rice and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Serve delicious Pulao Beryani with vegetable raita.