Black Forest Ice Cream Roll
Author: Chef Shireen Anwar
- Eggs 4
- Caster sugar 4 ounces
- Flour 3 ounces
- Cocoa powder 1 ounce
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Vanilla ice cream 1 liter
- Fresh cream whipped 8 ounces
- Caster sugar 1 ounce
- Chocolate syrup ½ cup
- Cherries as required
- Beat eggs and sugar till light and fluffy, add in vanilla essence.
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder, fold in the sieve flour and cocoa mixture very slowly to the beaten egg mixture.
- Spread batter in the greased and paper lined Swiss roll tray, bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove on a sugar sprinkled napkin, roll again, then open roll, spread with ice cream.
- Again roll, decorate top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and cherries.
- Freeze till you require using.