If you love to discover new dessert and fancy trying something new and delicious, you’ve come to the right place. A slice of Braided Nutella Bread is a real joy to enjoy at special occasions or weekend treats. So get your friends round and enjoy!
- All purpose flour 2 1/2 cups
- Yeast 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Nutella as required
- Egg 1
- Warm water as required
- Take a large bowl, put all purpose flour, yeast, salt and sugar in it. Knead it with warm water until a playable dough forms.
- Lightly grease a bowl and place the dough in it. Cover it with a plastic wrap and rest about an hour in a warm place until it will double in size.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in two parts and roll one dough in order to make a circle. Place it on baking tray.
- Take the Nutella (be careful to take it out the fridge for a while so it would be easy to spread; you could also microwave it for 30 seconds to be sure) and pour an even layer on the surface, but leaving half an inch of margin of dough all around.
- Roll the reaming dough and place it over nutella topping.
- Use a knife to cut the dough down the middle, but keeping one end intact. Look at the image for help.
- By turning the cut side toward the top, twist the ends of the dough overtop each other. Do this for every cut you made.
- Cover bread with plastic wrap and set aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, brush it with egg wash and bake it at 180 degree C for 20 minutes until get a light brown top.
- Let it cool before serving.