Now you can bake your own burger bun at home by following recipe. This is my tried and tested recipe. You can make around 12 burger bun with this recipe.
- Plain flour ½ kg
- Salt 10g
- White Butter 20g
- Sugar 20g
- Yeast 2 tbsp
- Egg 2
- Warm water to knead
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 200 degree.
- Add salt, butter, sugar, yeast and 1 egg in plain flour and mix well.
- Add water slowly and kneed.
- Now place dough on kitchen counter and rub with palm till form a soft dough and become elastic.
- Make small balls out of dough and place on grease baking tray, leave them to rise on room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply egg wash on top and sprinkle sesame.
- Bake at 180 degree for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack then use.