Previous days we have a quantity of cake rusk at home, I browse on Google cake rusk dessert, there I found Cake Rusk Caramel Pudding by Shireen Anwar. I had all ingredients in the kitchen so I gave it a try and found absolutely divine taste.
Chef prepared it in the oven, but I made it in cooking pan. In this post I am sharing both ways and for easy understanding I am posting step by step pictures how you can make it without oven.
How to Make Caramel
Melt sugar in a pan until caramelizes. Pour it in mould. Set aside.
How to Make Pudding
Soak cake rusk in 1 cup milk until soft about 8-10 minutes. Now put soaked cake rusk, remaining milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence in blander and blend until everything incorporate. Pour in pudding mould and cover with foil.
Pudding Without Oven
Add water about 2 inches in a wide cooking pan in which your pudding mould easily fit. Put a wire stand in pan and allow to boil water then carefully place mould on wire rack and cover with lid tightly. After 40 minutes insert a skewer into pudding if comes out clean pudding is ready. If looks wet then give it more time. Turn over pudding in platter, allow to cool and serve.
How to Make Cake Rusk Caramel Pudding
- For Caramel
- Sugar ½ cup
- For Pudding
- Cake rusk 8 slices
- Milk 2 to 2 1/2 cups
- Eggs 3
- Sugar 4 tbsp or to taste
- Vanilla essence ¼ tsp
- Melt sugar in a pan until caramelizes. Pour it in mould.
- Soak cake rusk in 1 cup milk until soft about 8-10 minutes.
- Now put soaked cake rusk, remaining milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence in blander and blend until everything incorporate.
- Pour in pudding mould. Add water in baking tray about 2 inches up and place pudding mould in water and bake at 180 degree C for 40 minutes.
- Turn over in platter and serve.