Cassatta Ice Cream is layered Italian Ice Cream. Cassatta Ice Cream cake is made in layers of different ice cream flavors along with layers of cake. You can use ice cream of your choice. In this recipe pistachio, strawberry and chocolate ice cream is used. Cassatta Ice Cream Cake is delicious in summer for serving.
- Sponge cake 1
- Fruit syrup ½ cup
For the first layer
- Pistachio ice cream ½ litre
- Chopped pistachios 10-15
For the second layer
- Strawberry ice cream ½ litre
- Finely chopped strawberries 2-3
For the third layer
- Chocolate ice cream ½ litre
- Chocolate chips ½ cup
For the Garnish
- Grated chocolate
- Whipped cream 1 cup
- Chopped dried mixed fruit and nuts (almonds, sultanas, currants, raisins) ½ cup
- For the first layer, line a loaf tin with cling film. Keep the ice creams in the fridge so they soften.
- Mix chopped pistachios in the pistachio ice cream. Add finely chopped strawberries in the strawberry ice cream and chocolate chips in the chocolate ice cream.
- To layer the cassatta ice cream, first put a thin layer of the sponge cake and moisten with fruit syrup, then add the pistachio ice cream, smooth the top and let freeze.
- Then once it is well frozen, add a thin layer of sponge cake, moisten again and then the strawberry ice cream and let freeze.
- Next again a thin sponge layer, moisten and then add the chocolate ice cream on top.
- Cover with cling and let all freeze well.
- Next day unmold from loaf tin, remove cling carefully and put on a serving platter.
- Beat cream till stiff add in the chopped dried mixed nuts and fruits and level on top lastly sprinkle grated chocolate. Serve immediately in slices