We mostly cook karahi with meat, but in this recipe, chicken is cooked with Bengal gram.
The combination of chicken and daal chana creates a wonderful flavorsome punch. A perfect Pakistani Food Recipe to serve with mint raita and pickle.
Delicious Chicken Daal Karahi
- Chicken ½ kg
- Boil bengal gram (daal chana) 1 cup
- Onion 1 large (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Crushed red chili 1 tbsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Tomato 2 (sliced)
- Yogurt 4 tbsp
- Crushed black pepper ½ tsp
- Green chili 4 (sliced)
- Green coriander leaves as required
- Oil ¼ cup
- Heat oil in pan and fry onion until get pinkish color. Then add ginger garlic paste and sauté two minutes.
- Now add salt, cumin, red chili, turmeric and tomato. Cook until tomato gets soften.
- Add chicken, cook until meat water dries.
- Add yogurt; cover and cook on slow heat until chicken tender. When chicken tender add Bengal gram, mix then add green chili, green coriander, sprinkle black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti.