If you are looking for easy chicken dishes then this is the best chicken jalfrezi recipe ever to make. A great dish that you can serve with fried rice and boiled rice.
Best Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe Pakistani
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- Boneless chicken 1/2 kg (cubes)
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Mustard paste 1 tsp
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 (chopped)
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Tomato 1 big (coarsely chopped)
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Tomato puree 1/2 cup
- Tomato ketchup 1 to 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion 1 medium (cubes)
- Capsicum 1 (cubes)
- Red capsicum 1 small (cubes) (Optional)
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Ginger 1 tsp (julienne)
- Marinate chicken cubes in vinegar, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, mustard paste and salt to taste; leave for 30 minutes.
- In oil fry onion, till soft. Then add remaining ginger and garlic, saute. Then add marinated chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add tomato fry it with chicken, till tomatoes are soft. Then add remaining 1/2 tsp red chili powder, black pepper powder, turmeric and cumin powder.
- Stir and add tomato puree, ketchup, sugar and salt. Fry for for 5 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of water (add water as much you needed for gravy).
- Also add onion cubes and capsicum cubes. Add garam masala powder and ginger. Close lid and cook at low heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve with plain rice.