Chicken Karahi is indeed a popular dish to cook in Pakistani Foods. It goes delicious with paratha or tandoori roti along Zeera Raita. Following is Chicken Karahi Recipe by Chef Zakir, an authentic recipe. Chef uses simple ingredients to create a mouthwatering taste. It always goes fancy in lunch and dinner.
You can also try this yummy recipe Chicken Karahi
Chicken Karahi Recipe by Chef Zakir
- Chicken ½ kg
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Onion 2 (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Crushed black pepper 1 tbsp
- Crushed cumin 1 tbsp
- Crushed dry coriander 1 tbsp
- Yogurt 250g
- Green coriander ½ bunch
- Ginger 1 medium piece (julian)
- Green chili 4 (sliced)
- Heat ghee in a pan and golden brown onion.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and chicken, stir fry until chicken changes the color.
- Now add salt, turmeric, crushed black pepper, cumin and dry coriander.
- Remove from heat and add in yogurt, mix nicely.
- Return to heat, cover and cook until chicken tender and oil separates.
- Now sprinkle julian ginger, green coriander and green chilies, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with tandoori roti, raita and vegetables salad.
Also See: Masala TV Chef Zakir Recipes