Chicken Karahi is indeed a popular dish to cook in Pakistani Foods. It goes delicious with paratha or tandoori roti along with Zeera Raita.
Following is Chicken Karahi Recipe by Chef Zakir, an authentic recipe. Chef uses simple ingredients to create a mouthwatering taste. It always goes fancy at lunch and dinner.
You can also try this yummy recipe Chicken Karahi
Chicken Karahi Recipe by Chef Zakir
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- Chicken ½ kg
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Onion 2 (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Crushed black pepper 1 tbsp
- Crushed cumin 1 tbsp
- Crushed dry coriander 1 tbsp
- Yogurt 250g
- Green coriander ½ bunch
- Ginger 1 medium piece (Julian)
- Green chili 4 (sliced)
- Heat ghee in a pan and golden brown onion.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and chicken, stir fry until chicken changes the color.
- Now add salt, turmeric, crushed black pepper, cumin, and dry coriander.
- Remove from heat and add in yogurt, mix nicely.
- Return to heat, cover, and cook until chicken tender and oil separates.
- Now sprinkle Julian ginger, green coriander, and green chilies, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with tandoori roti, raita, and vegetables salad.
Also See: Masala TV Chef Zakir Recipes