Typically Nihari is made with beef, but now a days many people don’t eat beef especially youngsters prefer to eat chicken. So, you need a Perfect Pakistani Food Recipe of Chicken Nihari that comes out lip smacking. You are at the right place. We have that delicious recipe that will not let you down.
In this recipe, Nehari is made with chicken and its also have a perfect taste. Try out mouthwatering tried and tested recipe of Chicken Nihari by Famous Chef Zakir. I always make chicken nihari with this recipe.
Easy Chicken Nihari Recipe
- Chicken 1 kg (8-10 pieces)
- Sonf (fennel seeds)2 tbsp
- Sonth (dry ginger) 1 medium piece
- Ghee 1 cup
- Onion 2 (sliced)
- Ginger, garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 3 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour 1 cup
- Garam masala powder 1 tbsp
- Water as required
- Place sonf and sonth in a muslin cloth and tie this like a potli.
- Heat up ghee and fry onion until light brown, remove onion and grind to make paste.
- Meanwhile add chicken in ghee and stir fry at high flame till chicken changes color.
- Mix ginger, garlic paste in one cup of water and add in chicken with salt and onion paste.
- When its starts boiling, add in red chili powder and cook well until water of ginger, garlic paste dry. Slow the flame.
- When the onion will mix in gravy then add water how much you want its broth. Ideally 2 glass of water. Put potli in it.
- Check salt on this point. Cover and increase flame and cook until chicken tender and required broth left.
- Take out potli.
- Mix flour in 1 cup of water and pour paste in gravy slowly to thick it. Don’t add all paste at once. It’s up to you how much thick gravy you want. Mix on high flame.
- Mix garam masala in ¼ cup of water and include it in thick gravy. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- (don’t cook after adding garam masala just simmer)