Korma is a meat curry made with a combination of spices and yogurt. It belongs to Mughlai Cuisine and very popular in Pakistan and India. Especially Chicken Korma or Mutton Korma are must-make dishes on weddings and other special occasions.
Chicken White Korma Recipe in English by Chef Zakir
- Chicken 1 kg (cut into 12 pieces)
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Onion 3 medium (sliced)
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Green chili paste 1 tbsp
- Almonds ground 1/4 cup
- Khoya grated 1/2 cup
- Yogurt 1 cup
- White pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cream 4 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Almonds, slivered 5-6
- Pistachios, slivered 5-6
- Silver paper for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, and sauté till golden brown. Add ginger and garlic pastes and stir. Add green chili paste and sauté for five minutes. Add almond paste, khoya, and yogurt.
- Add white pepper powder and stir. Add chicken pieces and cook further on low heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in one cup of water; cover and cook. Once the chicken is cooked, add cream and stir.
- Add green cardamom powder, simmer for two minutes and remove from heat. Garnish with silver paper, almond, and pistachio.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha.