Chickpeas Pulao also known as Chana Pulao and Kabuli Chana Chawal. This is a simple rice dish and very famous in Pakistan. Many people use boiled chickepeas in it, but I fried onion first then add chickpeas to cook. If you want to add boiled chickpeas then you can in step 4 but don’t add water in step 3.
Chickpeas are loaded with fiber and protein so Chickpeas Pulao is a healthy dish. In my family everyone love to eat it. It goes great with mint raita.
- Chick peas 1 cup (soaked)
- Rice 1-1/2 cups (soaked)
- Oil ½ cup
- Onion 1 medium (thinly sliced)
- Whole hot spices (sabet garam masala) 1 tea spoon
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tea spoon
- Tomatoes 2 medium (roughly chopped)
- Green chilies 4 medium roughly chopped)
- Salt 1-1/2 tea spoon
- Red chili powder ½ tea spoon
- Yogurt 5 tea spoons
- Water as required
- Fry onion and whole hot spice in oil to golden grown.
- Stir fry ginger garlic paste, tomatoes and green chili.
- Add salt, red chili powder; add 3 glass water and bring to boil.
- Add chickpeas to cook until soft and water evaporates.
- Then add yogurt, stir to dries up yogurt water.
- Now add 1-1/2 cups water, allow boiling and add rice. When three quarter done and water dry simmer about 10 minutes.
- Ready to serve with raita or mint chutney.