This is a delicious and easy Chinese Chicken Corn Soup Recipe with a best result. If you are new in cooking then follow the recipe and learn how to make chicken corn soup in an easy way.
For other soup recipes, must try exciting taste of Hot & Sour Soup.
Chicken Corn Soup Recipe
- Chicken 1 leg quarter, half boneless breast piece
- Water 8-10 cups
- Salt to taste
- Celery stick 1 (if available)
- Green onion 1
- Carrot 1 (peeled)
- Corn 1 small or ½ big can
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Chili sauce optional
- Corn flour /starch 2 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Black pepper freshly ground ½-1 tsp
- Boil chicken with salt, celery, green onion and carrot. When chicken is cooked strain the stock and keep in separate pot. Discard vegetables. Shred chicken to fine pieces.
- Coarsely chop corn or crush it in mortar pestle. Do not use food processor or if using just one pulse should be enough.
- Heat the stock add corn, chicken pieces, soya sauce, vinegar, and chili sauce. Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Make paste of corn starch with about 2-3 tbsp water and add to soup slowly monitoring the thickness you want. You may have to use more corn starch or less. It depends on how thick you want.
- Beat egg finely in a small bowl add it to soup while it's still boiling. Don't mix it with spoon right away let it cook for 30 seconds and then use spoon to mix it with rest of spoon.
- Add black pepper. You may need to add less or more depending on your taste. Turn off heat.
- Serve with your favorite condiments like soya sauce, chili sauce.