Treat your taste buds to a tantalizing Asian appetizer with this simple Chinese Chicken Corn Soup recipe.
Even if you’re new in the kitchen, we’ve got all you need to know for making an authentic bowl of soup!
Enjoy the best results that only come from following these instructions and start cooking today!
For other soup recipes, must try an exciting taste of Hot & Sour Soup.
Chicken Corn Soup Recipe
- Chicken 1 leg quarter, half boneless breast piece
- Water 8-10 cups
- Salt to taste
- Celery stick 1 (if available)
- Green onion 1
- Carrot 1 (peeled)
- Corn 1 small or 1/2 big can
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Chili sauce optional
- Corn flour /starch 2 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Black pepper freshly ground 1/2-1 tsp
- Boil chicken with salt, celery, green onion, and carrot. When the chicken is cooked strain the stock and keep it in a separate pot. Discard vegetables. Shred chicken into fine pieces.
- Coarsely chop corn or crush it in a mortar pestle. Do not use a food processor or using just one pulse should be enough.
- Heat the stock and add corn, chicken pieces, soya sauce, vinegar, and chili sauce. Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Make a paste of cornflour with about 2-3 tbsp water and add to the soup slowly monitoring the thickness you want. You may have to use more cornflour or less. It depends on how thick you want.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add it to the soup while it’s still boiling. Don’t mix it right away, let it cook for 30 seconds and then mix it.
- Add black pepper. You may need to add less or more depending on your taste. Turn off the heat.
- Serve with your favorite condiments like soya sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, etc.