Chocolate is favorite to all and when it comes to chocolate ice cream then no compromise. In this recipe we are going to share Basic Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Recipe. First bake the cake then layer it with chocolate ice cream and chocolate chip.
If you want simple ice cream cake then omit cocoa powder in cake and use some other flavor of ice cream. This is a good to go cake in all flavors. Make ice cream birthday cake for celebration of the big day and enjoy with family.
Ice cream Birthday Cake Recipe
Author: Sadia Shabbir
Prep time: 4 hours
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 4 hours 45 mins
- Eggs 3
- Caster sugar 150g
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil 125ml
- All purpose flour 150g
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder 1.5 tbsp
- Milk 125ml
- Chocolate ice cream 1 tin
- Chocolate chip ½ cup
- For Ganache
- Cooking chocolate 250g
- Cream 250g
- Add cooking chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over boiling water. Heat it together until chocolate melts and make ganache.
For Chocolate Cake
- Line a pan with paper if required or use non stick and preheat your oven at 180*C.
- Beat eggs for 2 minutes, add caster sugar; beat again for about 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence and vegetable oil slowly into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Now gradually add dry ingredients in the egg batter alternating with milk.
- When it’s combined well pour the mixture in the pan and bake at 180*C for 40 minutes.
- Check the bake by inserting a skewer, if comes out clean then it’s ready.
- Cool the cake at wire rack.
- Cut the cake from centre and evenly spread a layer of chocolate ice cream along with a layer of chocolate chip.
- Cover with top layer.
- Top it with chocolate ganache. Freeze until firm.
- Serve it cold.