Learn how to make perfect and tasty Chocolate Mousse. This is a brilliant pud for dinner parties.
- Dark chocolate 300g (roughly chopped)
- Eggs 3
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
- Cream 300 ml (thickened)
- Whipped cream to serve
- Grated chocolate to serve
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters for 5 minutes, or until mixture is thick and doubled in volume.
- Fold in cooled chocolate and cocoa powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until thickened.
- Use a large metal spoon to carefully fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, trying to keep the mixture as light as possible.
- Spoon this mixture into 6 serving glasses and chill in fridge for one hour.
- Top with whipped cream and grated chocolate and serve cold.