- Cream 150ml
- Whole milk 75ml
- Egg yolks 3
- Caster sugar 2 1/2 tbsp or to taste
- Coffee granules 1 level tbsp
- Cocoa, for dusting
- Coffee cups 3-4
- Set the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Pour the cream and milk into a pan and allow boiling.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks in a bowl. Pour over the boiling cream mixture, whisking as the cream is added, so that the eggs don’t cook. Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in 2 tbsp boiling water and add to the cream mixture.
- Strain the cream mixture through a sieve into a jug and then pour into the coffee cups.
- Put the cups in a roasting tin and pour in boiling water to come about halfway up the cups. Put the tin in the oven and bake for 45 mins to 1 hr, or until the mixture is
- just set. Remove from the oven and lift cups out of the water.
- When the cups are cool, refrigerate well before serving, dusted with cocoa powder.
Recipe and picture credit Internet.