Cold sandwich cake is a wonderful option to serve in a party. Combination of chicken, eggs, cucumber and ketchup makes it delish. You have choice to add different sandwich fillings in the cake. You can also give Cold Sandwich Cake as gift.
Cold Sandwich Cake Recipe
Cold Sandwich Cake
- For Sandwich Bread Dough
- All purpose flour 3 cups
- Dry yeast 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter 1 tbsp (melted)
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Warm water 1 cup
- Boiled and shredded chicken 1 cup (mixed with 2 tbsp mayonnaise)
- Boiled eggs 2 (sliced)
- Ketchup 1/2 cup
- Cucumber 1
- Tomatoes 2
- For Icing
- Cream 1 packet
- Mayonnaise 5 tbsp
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Caster sugar 3-4 tbsp
- In a large mixing bowl put all purpose flour, dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add in melted butter and mix.
- Pour milk and knead the dough. Now add as required water, stir until this comes together into a loose, lumpy batter.
- Shift dough on counter top and knead against the counter top. If the dough is bubble-gum sticky against the sides of the bowl or the counter, add extra flour a tablespoon at a time until it is no longer sticky. Knead it about 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and turn it in the bowl to coat it with oil. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm spot until doubled in bulk, about one hour.
- Remove dough from bowl, knead, and make a round cake. Let it rise in a greased, round dish, ideally a spring form pan. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes. Heat the oven to 200C/400F/GM6. Bake the bread for about 35 minutes. Cool under a cloth.
- Add cream, mayonnaise, yogurt and beat for 2 minutes. Now add sugar, salt to taste, and mix. Put the prepared icing in fridge.
- Cut the crusts off the bread cake and slice into four layers. Put the first layer on a dish and spread chicken on it.
- Place second layer of cake on chicken, spread a little icing cream mixture then layer tomato and cucumber.
- Place the next layer down and spread little cream mixture then set slices of boiled eggs.
- Press the last layer and spread cream icing on top and round the cake to cover it.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, tomato and boiled eggs.
- Cool it in fridge and serve.
Picture Adopted from : www.huffingtonpost.com[br]www.wonderfuldiy.com