I love cheese and am fond of trying recipes that call for cheese. I came by this recipe from a Facebook group where Saira Zia ud Din shared it. The picture is so tempting and I can’t stop myself to try Creamy Chicken Cheese Handi Recipe. You too must try and share your opinion.
Also See: Chicken Recipes
Chicken Cheese Handi Recipe
- Onion 2 medium (roughly chopped)
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Boneless chicken 600 grams
- Roasted cumin seeds 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1.5 teaspoon
- Salt 2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Green chilies 3 – 4 (chopped)
- Coconut milk (or coconut powder) ½ cup
- Capsicum 1 (thinly sliced)
- Cream ½ cup
- Butter 4 tablespoon
- Cheddar cheese ½ cup (grated or finely cubed)
- Green Chili’s and sliced ginger (for garnish)
- Blend onion with a little water to make onion paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil. Add ginger & garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Mix onion paste and cook on low flame till light golden (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes till it changes color.
- Now add cumin seeds, coriander powder, salt ,black and white pepper. Cook for a minute.
- Blend yogurt, green chili’s and coconut powder with about 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- Add coconut paste to the chicken. Cover the pot and cook on low, simmer for about 20 minutes till chicken is tender. Add water if required.
- Add sliced capsicums and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, add cream, butter and cheese. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes till gravy becomes thick and creamy.
- Serve hot garnished with sliced ginger and green chili’s.
Recipe Credit: Saira Zia ud Din