Made with combination of lentils and spices, these Dal Seekh Kababs are super delicious and tasty.
Lentils or Dal Seekh Kababs
- Moong dal 1/2 cup (soaked)
- Channa dal 1/2 cup
- Potato 1/2 boiled and grated
- Onion 1 (grated)
- Dried fenugreek Leaves – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/8 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Green chilies 2 (minced)
- Gram flour 2 tbsp
- Oil for greasing
- Boil the moong dal and channa dal in 2 cups of water until the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Combine the cooked dal with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Using a thick seekh (metal /wooden skewer/toothpick), put each portion of the dal mixture on it and give it shape of kebab. Brush each kebab with oil.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook kebabs until both sides are brown.
- Serve hot with yoghurt or chutney.
- Notes: These kebabs can also be cooked on charcoal or an electric barbecue.
- If using wooden skewer, soak them in water for at least 2 hours. This will not burn the skewers.