Nothing beats a fresh and delicious homemade doughnuts. Follow the doughnuts recipe by Chef Rida Aftab and serve to sweet tooth.
- Plain flour 1 ½ cup
- Yeast 2 tsp
- Sugar (ground) ½ cup
- Egg 1
- Butter ½ cup
- Lukewarm milk to knead
- Chocolate 1 cup
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, add the plain flour, yeast, sugar, egg, butter and sufficient amount of milk.
- Kneed all the ingredients together into a smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl and leave it aside for half an hour for rising.
- Roll the dough about ½ inch thick on a floured surface and cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Now in a large pan heat oil and fry the doughnuts until they turn golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Put the chocolate into a bowl.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate in double boiler by placing the bowl into a half water filled saucepan.
- Now dip each doughnut into the melted chocolate from one side.
- Dust with icing sugar or sprinkles.