Dum Arvi (Steamed Colocasia) is a delicious recipe that is cooked in mustard oil. Try it and serve with oaratha or pori. It goes great in breakfast and lunch.
- Colocasia ½ kg
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1 tbsp
- Carom seeds 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind paste 2 tbsp
- Lemons 2
- Nigella seeds (kalonji) 1 tsp
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Mustard oil 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds
- Chopped green chilies 4 (sliced)
- Wash and peel colocasia and boil it. Once boiled, cool it.
- Add colocasia pieces in the bowl and add in turmeric, red chili flakes, carom seeds, salt, 2 tbsp tamarind paste, lemon juice, nigella seeds and cumin. Mix it well.
- Heat oil and sizzle fenugreek seeds then add colocasia. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green chilies and serve hot with Puri.