Chicken Tikka Kabab is a recipe by Chef Shireen Anwar, she made last days in her program. When she was making these delish kabab I was thinking these are same like I often made with mince stuffing in Iftar time.
I decided to give a try to this recipe with chicken and cheese filling. Chicken Tikka Kababs are really absolutely divine in taste and melt in mouth.
I told my many friends about this recipe with mince filling and I noticed they got confuse about its binding. That’s why I am sharing three pictures so you can understand how you can give shape of kabab.
Spread potato mixture on your palm and put filling in center then cover it and give shape of kabab.
Related: Ramadan Recipes
Chicken Tikka Kabab
Author: Chef Shireen Anwar
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- Potatoes ½ kg (boiled & mashed)
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black Pepper 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp (roasted & crushed)
- Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves 2 to 3 tbsp
- Green Chilies 2 (chopped)
- For Filling
- Boneless chicken 300 g (tiny cubed)
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Chicken tikka masala 2 tbsp
- Onions 4 tbsp (chopped)
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese 4 tbsp (grated)
- For Coating
- Egg 1
- Bread Crumbs 1 cup
- Oil for fry
- Heat oil; add chicken and fry for 5 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste, chicken tikka masala and yogurt. Cook till chicken tender and dry.
- Now add in cheddar cheese. Mix and remove, allow cooling.
- Boil, let cool and mash the potatoes. Add in salt, pepper, cumin, lemon juice, coriander and green chilies. Mix well with spoon. (Don’t mix with hands; it may make potato sticky with hands.
- Spread some potato mixture in hand. Put some filling, shape into round kebabs.
- Dip in egg then crumbs. Fry in medium heated oil till crisp.