Try Easy Sugar Cookies by Zarnak Sidhwa. A great snack and tea time treat.
- Flour 1-1/3 cups
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Butter (softened) 1/2 cup
- Caster sugar 3/4 cup
- Egg 1/2
- Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 190 degrees C or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.