Skip the chicken and try out delicious Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe. Saucy Cauliflower has an amazing taste. You can serve it with Fried Rice.
Also Check: Paneer Tikka Masala, Dal Seekh Kababs
Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe
Gobi / Cauliflower Manchurian (Baked)
- Cauliflower 1 (cut into bite size florets)
- Green pepper 1 (cut into big chunks)
- Green onions 2 tbsp (chopped)
- For the Batter
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Corn meal 2 tbsp
- Corn starch 1 tbsp
- All Purpose flour 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Water for mixing
- For the Sauce
- Ginger 1 tbsp (grated)
- Garlic 2 cloves (chopped)
- Green chillies 2 (chopped)
- Tomato ketchup 4 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce 4 tbsp or to taste
- White vinegar 2 tsp
- Soy sauce 4 tbsp or to taste
- Corn starch 2 tbsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Oil 2 tsp
- Wash the cauliflower florets and semi boil them in hot water for 2 minutes. Strain and pat dry. (Alternatively you can cook the cauliflower in the microwave for 2 minutes)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients from the batter list with enough water to make a thick batter.
- Mix in the cauliflower and coat the batter evenly.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spread the coated cauliflower and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake until brown. Make sure to flip the cauliflower half way through.
- While it’s baking, prepare the sauce.
- Heat oil in skillet and fry the chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic.
- Add the green pepper and green onion and fry for 30 seconds. Do not over cook the green peppers.
- Now add the ketchup, red chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, corn starch and salt mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the baked cauliflower to the sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Recipe and picture adopted from Internet