Harissa belongs to Kashmiri cuisine that is made during the winter season. It is a delicious combination of meat, rice, green lentil, and wheat.
This is very similar to haleem, but it has its own distinct taste that is different from haleem.
Tempering with desi ghee and the addition of lemon juice makes it even more scrumptious. In some areas of our country, people eat it with a spoon and in some places, this is eaten along with hot naan.
Get the below Harissa Recipe in Urdu and English and make it to enjoy with your friends.
Harissa Recipe in English
- Boneless chicken/mutton/beef 1 kg
- Green lentil 1 cup (soaked)
- Cracked wheat grain 1 cup (soaked)
- Rice ½ cup (soaked)
- Onion 2 large (sliced)
- Garlic 1 pod (skinless)
- Green chilies 8 (chopped)
- Red chili powder 3 teaspoons
- Crushed black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Dry coriander powder 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- For Mini Kebab
- Beef/chicken mince ½ kg
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoons
- Oil for fry
- For Baghaar
- Clarified butter 1 cup
- Crushed cumin 1/2 tsp
- In a skillet put meat, green lentil, onion, garlic, chopped green chilies, red chili powder, and crushed black pepper. dry coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and 3 glasses of water and cook until meat soft. (Water quantity may vary according to meat)
- In another skillet put rice, wheat grain, salt and 4 glass of water. Cover and cook until the wheat grain turns soft.
- Mix grains in the meat mixture. Grind the mixture coarsely.
- Now put all the ground mixture, in a skillet. Cook it over medium high heat until you get the desired consistency.
- Add mini kabab, pour baghar over Harissa and serve hot with hot naan.
For Mini Kebab
- Mix all ingredients of the mini kebab.
- Make mini finger kebab and shallow fry in hot oil.
- Heat clarified butter, and sputter crushed cumin until the aroma arises.
- Pour over Harissa.