Harissa is belong to Kashmiri cuisine that is made during winter season. It is a delicious combination of meat, rice, green lentil, and wheat. Harissa is very similar to haleem, but it has its own distinct taste that is different to haleem.
Tempering with desi ghee and addition of lemon juice make it even more scrumptious. In some areas of our country people eat it with spoon and on some places this is eaten along hot naan.
Get below Harissa Recipe in Urdu and English and make it to enjoy with your friends.
Harissa Recipe in English
- Boneless chicken/mutton/beef 1 kg
- Green lentil 1 cup (soaked)
- Cracked wheat grain 1 cup (soaked)
- Rice ½ cup (soaked)
- Onion 2 large (sliced)
- Garlic 1 pod (skinless)
- Green chilies 8 (chopped)
- Red chili powder 3 tea spoons
- Crushed black pepper 1 tea spoon
- Dry coriander powder 2 tea spoons
- Turmeric powder1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Beef/chicken mince ½ kg
- Red chili powder 2 tea spoons
- Cumin powder ½ tea spoon
- Salt 1 tea spoons
- Oil for fry
- Clarified butter 1 cup
- Crushed cumin ½ tsp
- In a skillet put meat, green lentil, onion, garlic, chopped green chilies, red chili powder, crushed black pepper. dry coriander powder, turmeric powder, salr and 3 glasses of water and cook until meat soft. (Water quantity may vary according to meat)
- In another skillet put rice, wheat grain, salt and 4 glass water. Cover and cook until wheat grain turns to soft.
- Mix grains in meat mixture. Grind the mixture coarsely.
- Now put all the ground mixture, in a skillet. Cook it over medium high heat until you get the desired consistency.
- Add mini kabab, pour baghar over Harissa and serve hot with hot naan.
- Mix all ingredients of mini kebab.
- Make mini finger kebab and shallow fry in hot oil.
- Heat clarified butter, sputter crushed cumin until aroma arise.
- Pour over Harissa.