Naan also known as flat bread in other countries. This is the home made naan recipe that is very easy especially convenient for those, there naan is not available easily.
Author: Hajra Yasir Syeda
- Flour 4 cups
- Yeast 1 packet/3 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Warm water ½ cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 2 tbsp (room temp)
- Milk ½ cup
- Sesame seeds and nigella seeds (kalonji) as required
- Add yeast in lukewarm water and let it rise for 10 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture, yogurt, oil and salt in the flour and mix it. Use milk to knead the dough.
- Cover it and keep it near heat, let the dough rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C and grease baking tray.
- Then shape it in naan, place naan in greased baking tray and brush with a little yogurt and sprinkle kalwanji and sesame seed.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm.