Naan also known as flat bread in other countries. This is the home made naan recipe that is very easy especially convenient for those, there naan is not available easily.
- Flour 4 cups
- Yeast 1 packet/3 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Warm water 1/2 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 2 tbsp (room temp)
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds and nigella seeds (kalonji) as required
- Add yeast in lukewarm water and let it rise for 10 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture, yogurt, oil and salt in the flour and mix it. Use milk to knead the dough.
- Cover it and keep it near heat, let the dough rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C and grease baking tray.
- Then shape it in naan, place naan in greased baking tray and brush with a little yogurt and sprinkle kalwanji and sesame seed.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm.