Bread is a staple food in breakfast and baking your own bread is easier than you think. Check out this authentic recipe by Chef Zakir and bake soft bread at home and enjoy sandwiches.
Easy Bread Recipe
Author: Chef Zakir Qureshi
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- Plain flour 250g
- Yeast 2 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- White butter 2 tbsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Water to knead
- Preheat oven at 250.
- Put plain flour on the counter and make a hole in the center, add yeast, salt, and 2 tbsp water (to rise yeast) in the hole. Mix yeast with water until dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix then add white butter and mix in the yeast. Now slowly add plain flour in yeast mixture along the water and knead gently.
- When all flour mix, rub it with your palm on the countertop, don’t use water now.
- Now include a little dry flour and rub until form a smooth playable dough.
- Grease bread mold with butter or oil.
- Wash and dry hand, don’t use greasy hands now.
- Chef Zakir used half of the dough according to his pan.
- Sprinkle dry flour on the counter, roll out the flat dough, and then roll it like a swiss roll.
- Keep on side excess plain flour from the counter, again roll out flat dough and roll again.
- Set dough in bread mold and apply oil on top and cover it and set on a warm place for 12 minutes or until it rises.
- Uncover and bake it in over for 15-20 minutes. When the bread is ready, cool on a wire rack and slice.