Falooda is a traditional Pakistani food that is prepared with thick cold milk and vermicelli and serves with kulfi. This is a sweet delicacy in summer season. This is very easy recipe and cheaper too.
Related Post: Mango Falooda
How to Make Falooda at Home
- For Faloda
- Falooda sawayyan 250 grams
- Milk 1 kg
- Suger 200 grams
- Corn flour 2 tbsp (mix in 2 tbsp water)
- Green color according to your choice
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Basil seeds (tukh balanga) 2 tbsp ( soak in water)
- For Kulfa
- Milk 2 kg
- Nuts ½ cup( almond, pistachio)
- Sugar 1 cup
- Solid milk (khoya) 1/2 kg
- Green cardamom 10-20 seeds
- Corn flour 2 tbsp ( mix in 1/4 cup water)
- Boil falooda sawayyan, keep aside.
- Boil milk then add sugar and boil it for 10 minutes, now add corn flour to make it thick; stir in green color, vanilla essence and tukh malanga. Let cool and set aside.
- First boil milk when it start boiling, slow the heat the simmer milk until half left about 1 kg.
- Add nuts, sugar, khoya and green cardamom.
- In the end add corn flour and boil for 2 minutes then pour mixture in kulfi mold or some other container and freeze about 6-8 hours or until done.
- Put boiled vermicelli in a bowl/glass, pour over cold thick milk and top with kulfa slice.