Dahi Baray is one of favorite desi food in Pakistan. It mostly serve in Ramadan and as side dish in a get together. This is a tried and tested recipe by our home chef. Here is another version of baked Dahi Bare.
Also See: Ramadan Recipes
Dahi Baray Recipe
How to Make Dahi Baray
Dahi Baray is a popular street food in Pakistan. They are served with yogurt and spicy chutney. Follow this tried and tasted recipe and make dahi baray at home. Moreover you can also freeze them for later use.
Author: Pretty Nadia
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Wash & soak both daals together for 3,4 hours then blend with very little water.
- Make sure it should be fine paste. Now add ginger garlic paste, red chili, salt, white cumin and baking powder.
- Leave it for 15 minutes again.
- Heat oil in a wok, carefully drop mixture in warm oil with spoon and fry on medium slow flame until golden brown.
- Remove on paper and allow to cool. Then soak in water until soft. Squeeze out water and set in serving platter.
- Pour over yogurt, tamarind chutney and sprinkle chaat masala. Let cool and serve.
For later use, keep them in zip lock or plastic bag when you need soak them in warm water & mix with yogurt and chutney.