Fattoush is a basically Lebanese salad made with vegetables and crispy pita bread. It can be served as a light meal. This is a tried and tested recipe.
Author: Wajeha Babar
Recipe type: Salad, Salad Dressing
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Romaine Lettuce/Iceburg Lettuce 4 cups
- Diced Tomatoes 1 cup
- Diced red peppers 1 cup
- Diced yellow bell peppers 1 cup
- Diced orange bell peppers 1 cup
- Diced red onions ½ cup
- Chopped green onions ½ cup
- Parsley 1 cup
- Diced radishes 1 cup
- Diced cucumbers 1 cup
- Dried mint leaves 2 TBSP
- Sumac 1 Tbsp
- Pita chips 1 cup
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Salt & black pepper for seasoning
- Toss the veggies together. Add the salad dressing and the Pita Chips. Mix well. Top with some grilled chicken if desired. Serve immediately.
- Mix together dress ingredients.
You could make your own pita chips by baking a pita bread in the oven on 350*F for 10 minutes or until crisp. Let it cool for a few minutes. Break into small pieces.