You will be surprised how simple ingredients make delicious finger chicken rice. Must try it and get praise from your family. This recipe consists of two steps, first prepare chicken fingers then mix all in rice. Chicken gives the ultimate taste in this rice dish.
These rice are tasty without any gravy but you can serve them with a sauce as well.
Finger Chicken Rice Recipe
- Chicken breast 200g
- Boiled rice 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Spring onion 2
- Carrot 1 medium (thinly sliced)
- Cabbage 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Capsicum 1 (thinly sliced)
- Crushed red chili 1 tsp
- White pepper ½ tsp
- Vinegar 3 tbsp
- Soya sauce 3 tbsp
- Eggs 2 (beaten with pinch of yellow food color)
- Oil as required
- Oil ¼ cup
- Onion 2 small
- Whole red chilies 6 (soaked in water)
- Garlic 4 cloves (optional)
- Tamarind pulp ½ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Cut chicken in finger shape.
- Chop together ginger and 2 cloves garlic. Add crushed red chili, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp soya sauce and salt in it.
- Marinade chicken finger with the prepared spice mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in pan and cook chicken finger until done. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- In same pan add 2-3 tbsp oil and sauté remaining chopped garlic cloves. Then add beaten eggs and fry quickly; break the eggs in small pieces while cooking.
- Stir in carrot, cabbage, capsicum and spring onion.
- Now add boiled rice, fried chicken and toss rice gently.
- At the end add salt, white pepper, remaining vinegar and soya sauce.
- Remove from heat when rice hot completely.
- Serve hot.
- Heat oil and fry 1 sliced onion until light brown.
- Make puree with 1 onion, whole red chilies, garlic and ¼ cup water.
- Add puree in fried onion and mix nicely. Then stir in tamarind pulp, sugar and salt. Cook until it thickens.