Strawberry Mousse Cake is a really pretty dessert. In this recipe plain cake is used, you can add coco powder for making a chocolate flavored cake. Strawberry Mousse Cake is perfect for brunch, dinner, or any spring time celebration. Follow the recipe and prepare a fabulous taste of Strawberry Mousse Cake.
For Cake (8″ round)
- Eggs 3
- Sugar 100g (about 7 tbsp)
- Vanilla extract 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice or vinegar 1 tsp
- Cake flour 20g
- Corn starch 50g
- Fresh strawberries 800g
- Gelatin 15g (23 ml)
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 90g (6 tbsp)
- Egg yolks 2
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Heavy cream 1 cup
Gelatin 1 tsp dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- Separate egg whites and yolks. Beat yolks with sugar until fluffy and the color turns pale, and then adds vanilla extract and mix well.
- Preheat oven at 155 C/ 300 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites with lemon juice or vinegar using a mixer until it can form a soft peak.
- Add in the yolk mixture and combine gently. Sift cake flour and corn starch together into the mixture, slightly combine until incorporated and relatively lump-free.
- Pour the batter into the 9″ pan; bake for about 35-40 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool, cut it to the size of 8″ and then level into 2 slices.
- Remove stems and rinse strawberries. Blend 400g strawberries into puree.
- Cut 200g strawberries in halves, and slice the rest 200g for decorating.
- Dissolve gelatin with milk, then heat the milk until gelatin is clear and totally dissolved.
- Add sugar to the gelatin mixture, then add in two blended egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Whip heavy cream till thick (still looks like liquid, but much thicker), and then pour the strawberry puree and gelatin mixture into the whipped cream. Mix well.
- Remove the bottom of the spring form pan (or just use a mousse ring), put the ring on a plate or a cake circle.
- Line the bottom with a layer of cake, arrange strawberry halves on the side.
- Pour in the mousse, cover with another layer of cake, press the top a little bit to make sure there is no bubbles inside. Decorate the top with strawberries, glaze strawberries with a soft brush, then transfer to refrigerator to chill at least 3 hours.
Note: If it’s difficult to remove the ring, use hot towels to surround the mousse ring to soften the mousse till it can be easily removed from cake.
Recipe Adopted from Here