First time I had eaten Italian Chicken Sandwich at Pizza Hut, the taste was delicious, but that was not spicy. I baked it according to my taste and amazingly there was no problem to bake a soft sandwich. So simple and easy, I used chicken, capsicum, onion and pizza sauce in filling. This is perfect to serve in tea time treat.
Pizza dough is used in it. Everyone know how to kneed the dough so I didn’t capture those pictures. Yo will find below step by step pictures how to make the sandwich.
Step by Step Italian Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Knead the dough according to instructions mentioned below and leave for rising until double.
Grease a round spring pan, (you can also use simple cake pan). Roll out dough into 9×9 inches round shape about half inches thick.
Leave for rise about 15 minutes.
Bake it in preheated oven
Divide into two slices.
Cover with second bread slice. Bake for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Slice and serve.
Italian Chicken Sandwich
- For Sandwich Bread
- All purpose flour 2/12 cups
- Powder milk 2 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Salt 1 tsp
- Caster sugar 1 tbsp
- Oil ¼ cup
- Instant yeast 1 and ½ tbsp
- For Filling
- Chicken 250 gm ( thinly sliced)
- Capsicum 2tb (chopped)
- Oil 2,3 tbs
- Onion 1 small ( finally chopped)
- Pizza sauce 4 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese ¾ cup (grated)
- Salt to taste
- Red chili 1tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Vinegar 1tb
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp (leveled)
- For Topping
- Egg ½
- Nigellla seeds ½ tsp
- Cheddar cheese 2 tbsp
- Put all ingredients in a bowl, knead it with warm water cover and leave for rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Grease 9 inch round cake pan or baking tray. Grease your hand and put dough on pan and spread it with hand into round shape. Allow to rise again for 15 minutes.
- In meanwhile preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree. Shift pan or baking tray in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let it cool and divide into 2 portions.
- Now on one bread spread the filling and top with cheese. Cover it with other bread. Brush with egg, sprinkle nigellla seeds and cheese.
- Put it in oven and broil for 2-4 minutes or until golden on top.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté ginger garlic paste then add chicken. Cook until changes the color.
- Add salt, red chili powder, black pepper and vinegar. Add ¼ cup water, cover and cook until tender.
- Now mix in onion, capsicum and pizza sauce. Remove from heat and keep aside.