The first time I had eaten Italian Chicken Sandwich at Pizza Hut, the taste was delicious, but that was not spicy. I baked it according to my taste and amazingly there was no problem baking a soft sandwich.
So simple and easy, I used chicken, capsicum, onion, and pizza sauce in the filling. This is perfect to serve in tea time treat.
Pizza dough is used in it. Everyone knows how to knead the dough so I didn’t capture those pictures. You will find below step-by-step pictures on how to make the sandwich.
Step by Step Italian Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Knead the dough according to the instructions mentioned below and leave for rising until double.
Grease a round spring pan, (you can also use a simple cake pan). Roll out dough into 9×9 inches round shape about half inches thick.
Leave for rising for about 15 minutes.
Bake it in a preheated oven
Divide into two slices.
Cover with a second bread slice. Bake for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Slice and serve.
Homemade Italian Chicken Sandwich
For Sandwich Bread
- All-purpose flour 2/12 cups
- Powder milk 2 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Salt 1 tsp
- Caster sugar 1 tbsp
- Oil ¼ cup
- Instant yeast 1 and ½ tbsp
- Chicken 250 gm ( thinly sliced)
- Capsicum 2 tb (chopped)
- Oil 2,3 tbs
- Onion 1 small ( finely chopped)
- Pizza sauce 4 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese ¾ cup (grated)
- Salt to taste
- Red chili 1tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Vinegar 1 tb
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp (leveled)
- Egg ½
- Nigella seeds ½ tsp
- Cheddar cheese 2 tbsp
- Put all ingredients in a bowl, knead it with warm water cover and leave for rising for 1 hour or until double in size. You can also use a dough mixer for dough making.
- Grease 9 inch round cake pan or baking tray. Grease your hand and put the dough on the pan and spread it with your hand into a round shape. Allow rising again for 15 minutes.
- In meanwhile preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees. Shift pan or baking tray in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let it cool and divide into 2 portions.
- Now on one bread spread the filling and top with cheese. Cover it with other bread. Brush with egg, sprinkle nigella seeds and cheese.
- Put it in the oven and broil for 2-4 minutes or until golden on top.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté ginger-garlic paste then add chicken. Cook until changes the color.
- Add salt, red chili powder, black pepper, and vinegar. Add ¼ cup water, cover, and cook until tender.
- Now mix in onion, capsicum, and pizza sauce. Remove from heat and keep aside.