This Lahori Karahi Chicken Recipe has a tremendous taste and aroma that will increase your hunger. Though the recipe is quite easy with simple ingredients yet addition of spices in different steps enhances the taste. I will must say to try this recipe for a mouthwatering flavor. You will find the following Chicken Karahi Recipe among the marvelous chicken recipes.
Lahori Karahi Gosht is basically an inspired version of Bhati Karahi in Lahore and this recipe is made by famous chef Shireen Anwar. The original recipe is for mutton karahi but I made it with chicken, you will definitely love the taste of karahi chicken.
Pakistani Karahi Chicken Recipe
- 1 kg chicken
- 2-3 small onion (sliced)
- ½ kg tomato (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red chili
- 1 tsp or to taste salt
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds (crushed)
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Handful of green coriander (chopped)
- 4 green chilies (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (sliced)
- 2 cups water
- Take a deep cooking pan. Add chicken pieces, sliced onion, sliced tomato, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, crushed red chili, salt and water.
- Cover and cook until chicken tender.
- Shift cooked chicken in wok; add yogurt, mix then put on flame.
- Add butter; cook on medium high flame for 6-8 minutes.
- Now add black pepper, crushed coriander, garam masala and half quantity of green coriander, green chilies and ginger.
- Stir fry until butter comes on top.
- Garnish with remaining green coriander, green chilies and ginger.
- Serve in wok with tandoori roti and zeera raita.