Kata kat Recipe is a typical Pakistani dish, a combination of different parts of meat like, chops meat, kidney and brain. When they cook together on a particular griddle it develops a scrumptious taste. It goes delicious with paratha, tandori roti along with zeera raita.
Kata Kat Recipe
- Lamb kidney 6
- Lamb chops 6
- Lamb brain 1
- Garlic cloves 4 (chopped with skin)
- Tomato 2 (chopped)
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- Kasori methi (dry fenugreek) 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion 2 medium (fried)
- Mint half bunch (chopped)
- Green coriander ½ bunch (chopped)
- Green chilies 4 (chopped)
- Ginger 1 tbsp (julien)
- Oil ½ cup
- Apply salt and chopped garlic on kidney and keep a side for 30 minutes. Then wash and cut into small pieces.
- Boil chops and separate meat from chops.
- Boil brain in water with turmeric for 5 minutes then discard the vains.
- Put kidney and chops meat on large griddle (tawa), cover and cook for 5 minutes. Then break pieces of kidney and meat with spoon.
- Add brain, tomato, red chili powder and ginger garlic paste; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- After add in yogurt, qasori methi, garam masala powder, salt, fried onion and 2 tbsp oil. Again cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add remaining oil, mint, green coriander, green chilies and ginger.
- Serve warm with tandori roti.